Tailgate season has a special ring to those who partake in the fun! It’s a great way to spend time with family and friends and meet new people. Tailgating sets everyone in a festive, friendly mood and finally the part of your kids going away to college that get to enjoy too. Kids are beyond excited because they’re starving and they’re finally going to get some homemade food.
Each tailgate I try to change up the menu, but I must admit our most recent tailgate event the menu was quite a success. I found this recipe for Slider Meatball Sandwiches at www.homemadeinterest.com.
Slider Meatball Sandwiches
Traditional spaghetti sauce
2 C. Mozzarella cheese
Olive oil and parmesan cheese (optional)
I prepared my meatballs beforehand and refrigerated overnight, to make assembly quick on game day. I also purchased disposable foil pans so I could simply pitch at the end of the tailgate – easy clean up!
- Spray the foil pans, place the bottom of the slider buns in the pan.
- Place spaghetti sauce in a bowl, but meatballs in and stir up so they are covered in sauce.
- Scoop out with a ladle and place one meatball on each bun.
- Cover with lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Place top of slider bun on top.
- If you would like you can brush with olive oil and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover loosely with foil, bake at 400 for approximately 35 – 40 minutes.
We covered our pans with foil for our one hour drive and they stayed plenty warm. Everyone gobbled these up and came back for seconds!
Make it a great day.